Karen K. Ho is a freelance reporter, photographer and technical copy writer.
She is currently focuses on business, media and culture writing after finishing a Delacorte Fellowship at the Columbia Journalism Review. She also has a Master of Arts from Columbia University’s Graduate School of Journalism, where she was a Lorana Sullivan Scholar with a specialization in business and economics.
Other experience includes:
- Business reporting intern at The Globe and Mail, where she also covered Pokemon Go on a special mini-beat.
- Business and labour editor at Northern News Services Ltd., overseeing the business sections for the Yellowknifer, NWT News/North and Nunavut News/North.
- Broadcast Associate at the Business News Network (now BNN Bloomberg).
- Staff reporter at Star Media Group’s daily, subscription-only digital news startup YourMississaugaBiz.com.
- Communications Associate at the University of Toronto Scarborough.
- Customer Service Representative at the Bank of Montreal.
- She has also been published in GQ, Refinery29, TIME, The Outline, OpenCanada, Toronto Life, The Walrus, Today in Tabs, Torontoist, The Billfold, and the University of Toronto Magazine.
She is represented by Samantha Haywood at the Transatlantic Agency.